Restricted Use Cases
Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited on our network and on your services. Some types of activity that we prohibit may include:
- Making Threats: Using of the Atomic Networks services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property. Harassment using of the Atomic Networks services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Forgery or Impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Fraudulent Activity: Use of Atomic Networks service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “chain letters.” Fraud involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it. Fraud is strictly prohibited and offenses will be investigated. Third-party Links, Sites and Services Our Products may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Atomic Networks. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from Atomic Networks, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Atomic Networks will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
- Gaining Unauthorized Access: Use of the Atomic Networks service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Atomic Networks or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Atomic Networks account is subject to immediate termination and further investigation.
- Network Disruptions/Unfriendly Activity: Use of the Atomic Networks service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Atomic Networks services or the Internet. This includes “Denial of Service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual’s computer system will result in immediate account termination. Atomic Networks will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data. This also encompasses (but is not limited to) activity such as Port Scanning
, Brute Forcing,
Sending DDoS or DoS attacks,
IP Spoofing, and
- Prohibited Usage: Hosting services provided by Atomic Networks are not to be used for any of the following: fraudulent activity, extortion or blackmail. Clients utilizing this service may also not upload any sort of malicious scripts/software; this includes the following but not limited to items involving phishing, backdoors, CPU/memory eating scripts and more.
If we recieve an abuse complaint on your service, you are expected to respond in a timely manner. Following 72 hours of no response from the client after the reception of the abuse complaint, your service will be suspended. Following 7 days of no response following the reception of the abuse complaint, we will terminate your service.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Fair Usage
On our VPS hosting services, we have a fair usage policy that we work to enforce consistently and fairly across our customer base.
The following are resources that we actively work to ensure are available for all of our clients:
- Network Usage
- Disk Usage
There are 2 types of behavior that we classify as abuse. Usage and behavior that causes evident negative impact on other clients and customers, and usage that exceeds that which is allocated for the plan you have purchased.
In situations where we are unable to reach you to resolve usage issues within a reasonable timeframe for other clients, we reserve the rights to:
- Deprioritize Your CPU Usage
- Cap or Limit Your Bandwidth Usage
- Suspend Your Service
If your resource usage is found to be abusive, we will work with you in good faith to manage your resource usage to accomodate for all of our customers. If no solution is able to be found for your usage, you will be terminated from our service.
Please note that we block Port 25 by default, if you wish to gain access to it, contact support with your use case.